Acupuncture is a form of oriental therapy and fertility focused acupuncture treatment can help to increase blood flow to the reproductive organs, balance hormone levels, regulate the menstrual cycle and help improve the lining of the uterus and quality of eggs released.
Acupuncture is thought to aid fertility treatments by being able to:
- Regulate the menstrual cycle and promote regular ovulation
- Regulate the hormones to produce a larger number of follicles
- Improve the functions of ovaries to produce better quality eggs
- Enhance the vitality of sperm
- Relieve the side effects of drugs used in IVF
- Increase the thickness of the uterine lining so to encourage successful implantation